Data Scientist – Reporting Analyst
About the Job
We are adding a Data Scientist – Reporting Analyst to our growing team! In this role, you will be responsible for reporting and analysis to support the credit risk management function for a consumer loan portfolio. Analysis will be focused on consumer data across the loan application, underwriting, and repayment life cycle.
- Design, develop, and produce reporting for underwriting and portfolio management.
- Assist in the definition of data models that drive clarity and ease of use for analytics
- Troubleshoot data integrity issues, perform extensive data validations, and propose solutions and recommendations.
- Develop reporting design requirements.
- Create data transformations and structures to support reporting and analytics.
- Define and document data and reporting processes.
- Analyze customer level information to monitor credit policies.
- Develop metrics of underwriting process and results.
- Analyze portfolio delinquency and credit losses.
- Work with credit bureaus and other 3rd party data vendors on initiatives.
- Produce reports and data visualizations for management presentations.
- Create data ETL routines and work with IT to implement into data environment.
- Work with IT to evolve enterprise data infrastructure
Education, Experience, and Skills You Will Need:
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering, Computer Science, Statistics, Economics, Finance, or similar fields. Technical certifications or coding camp completions are a plus.
- 2+ years in data science, data analytics or related experience in a business setting.
- Experience with consumer financial services data (especially consumer credit) data is a plus.
- Highly proficient with SQL. Experience with R, SAS, or Python is a plus.
- Experience with business intelligence tools like Power BI, Tableau, Domo, Business Objects.
- Advanced proficiency with Microsoft Excel.
- Experience with Microsoft suite including Access, Word, PowerPoint, Visio.
- Understanding of data warehousing concepts and ETL techniques.
- An innate curiosity about the way things work.
- Relentless persistence in solving problems.
- A “process thinker” with ability to describe workflows using data.
Salary: $65,000 – $85,000/year
Benefits: Medical, Vision, Dental , Life Insurance, 401 K
Please fill out the required information below to submit your application.