Director of Fraud and Identity Management
ClearGage is seeking a passionate hands-on enthusiast of fraud prevention and identity management to lead our fraud prevention strategy and capabilities for a point-of-sale healthcare financing program. The scope of this position covers both merchant and consumer identity ad fraud risks. This role will perform the duties of the BSA Officer with respect to our bank partnership and reports to the Chief Risk Officer.
- Assist in defining the vision and roadmap for identity verification and fraud risk management.
- Refine KYC and fraud rules to optimize throughput within acceptable risk tolerances.
- Analyze data to identify fraud activity to and develop solutions to mitigate fraudulent activity.
- Develop reporting to monitor fraudulent activity risks for merchants and consumers.
- Evaluate third party data and tools to continuously improve identity and fraud risk capabilities.
- Perform case investigations and develop other fraud investigators.
- Manage the risk operations area responsible for fraud investigations, OFAC and FinCen sanctions monitoring, compliance testing support, chargebacks and merchant recourse.
- Lead the development and refinement of the BSA policy framework.
- Serve as the day-to-day liaison with bank partner for the risk organization.
- Perform internal and bank partner risk assessments and compliance testing for BSA, AML, KYC, Red Flags, FACTA and related polices.
- Serve as main point of contact for Identity Theft/Red Flags program training.
- Work with the Product Team to diagnose fraud risks in the user experience and to identify opportunities to simplify and improve the user experience.
- Work with the Operations Team to assist in monitoring consumer disputes and escalations.
- Work with Merchant Underwriting to refine merchant verification policy and procedures and assist in investigations of escalated verifications or merchant red flags.
- BS/MS in a quantitative discipline (i.e. computer science, mathematics, statistics) preferred.
- Seven or more years of experience in consumer lending. Point-of-sale finance or merchant acquiring experience is highly desirable.
- Four or more years of experience in fraud strategy and analytics.
- Certified Fraud Examiner (CFE) professional designation is a plus.
- In-depth knowledge of the financial services/banking regulatory environment: FACT Act, Bank Secrecy Act, Reg E, FINRA/SEC, etc.
- Deep familiarity with the leading data and analytics vendors in the identity risk marketplace.
- Experience writing and maintaining policies and procedures.
- Capable with data query and analytic tools such as SQL and Tableau. R or Python is a plus.
- Advanced proficiency with Microsoft Excel.
- An innate curiosity about the way things work and relentless persistence in solving problems.
Full-time, remote position. Salary range is $100K-$130K.
ClearGage offers 401k matching as well as dental, life, medical and vision insurance.