Head of Servicing
With our exploding growth in financial services and consumer lending, we are adding a Head of Servicing leader to our team. The Head of Servicing will be charged with building and leading the customer care and collections capabilities for ClearGage’s point-of-sale consumer lending and merchant processing programs, encompassing support for both our merchant partners and for consumers. The Head of Servicing’s objective will be to develop and execute a scalable servicing strategy with a clear plan for the people, processes and technologies required.
- Lead the teams dedicated to providing frontline customer support to merchants and consumer.
- Owns the roadmap for servicing related technology platforms, including the loan servicing system, agent CRM, and communications solutions.
- Develop procedures and policies to ensure workflow efficiency and effectiveness, adherence to regulatory guidelines, and high-quality customer experiences.
- Deliver and promote a multi-channel approach to self-service, streamlined customer journeys, and efficient workflows for frontline associates.
- Identify and define the essential KPI’s to define success and track progress, developing a robust ability to measure both operational activity and outcomes.
- Implement dynamic recruiting and training programs to ensure talent availability and appropriate skillsets.
- Develop and motivate staff by setting goals and recognition structures to retain top talent and manage performance.
- Cultivate a dynamic, empowered culture of excellence.
- Develop and maintain operation budgets and workforce staffing plans.
- Day-to-day oversight of the collections strategy and operations call center.
- Lead third party recovery collections, including agency management and placement logistics.
- Work closely with Risk, Compliance, Legal, Product, and Engineering to identify platform improvements, create detailed requirements, and operationalize technologies.
- Create and manage back-office support and research functions as needed.
Education, Experience, and Skills You’ll Need:
- A Bachelor’s degree is required, and an advanced degree is desirable.
- 12+ years’ experience in consumer financial services in areas such as contact center, collections, customer experience, or product.
- 5+ years’ experience in collections operations and strategy.
- Experience in point-of-sale financing and/or sub-prime lending is required.
- You have demonstrated the ability to build organizations and capabilities.
- Possess deep subject matter expertise in loan servicing systems and call center technologies.
- Extensive understanding of the regulatory environment around consumer lending and payments industry.
- Well versed in digital and multichannel consumer engagement strategies and technologies.
- Broad knowledge of collections strategy and operations including applicable regulations.
- Willing to roll up your sleeves and get hard work done.
- Proactive in testing assumptions and proposing changes to existing structures and policies.
- You genuinely enjoy managing and developing people and have demonstrated you know how to lead and inspire a frontline production team.
- Strongly oriented toward making use of metrics and data to drive decision-making.
- Experience with process engineering and root cause analysis.
- Strong set of skills with the Microsoft Office suite.
- Technical expertise for financial modelling and data analysis expertise (i.e. using Excel, SQL, etc.)