Sr Staff Accountant
About the Job
We are adding a Sr. Staff Accountant position to our team! The ideal candidate is a hands-on, accomplished Senior Staff Accountant to build out the company’s Finance and Accounting department. The Senior Staff Accountant will work alongside the Controller in leading the various initiatives and work flows of the accounting process as well as will interact with the different departments of the company, its customers and suppliers. This position is also responsible for maintaining accounting principles, policies, procedures, and best practices to ensure accurate and timely financial statements.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities of the Senior Staff Accountant:
- Post necessary journal entries to accurately reflect business activities in compliance with GAAP.
- Participate in the financial closing process including consolidated financial statement reporting, and review month-end financials for accuracy and quality to ensure compliance with GAAP.
- Provide monthly actual to budget variance analysis.
- Drive process improvements and efficiencies in the accounting and reporting areas, including elimination or streamlining of manual or non-effective tasks.
- Design, implement and manage accounting policies and procedures to support the company’s operations.
- Reconcile bank statements and revenues with the loan management services system.
- Manage all vendor relationships as they pertain to invoicing and payment.
- Collaborate with the company’s loan servicing team to support loan payment reconciliation and merchant invoicing.
- Prepare checks, invoices, requisitions, and other documents for processing.
- Assist in the daily Treasury operations.
- Document, analyze, and interpret documents and information for accounting and financial purposes. Transfer data from different systems/applications into the Company’s accounting system.
- Assist with providing supporting schedules and information for the annual audit as well as annual and quarterly tax provisions, year-end tax return support, and other local tax compliance.
- Develop and implement operational reports including KPIs (key performance indicators).
- Reconcile the Company’s corporate credit cards and bank accounts.
- Collaborate closely with other departments to support them in achieving their goals and objectives with regard to financial results, special reporting requests, and special projects.
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Experience in consumer loans/credit/banking is highly sought after. In addition, experience in SMB, commercial or C&I lending is preferred and fintech and marketplace lending is a significant plus.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent in accounting or finance
- 5+ years of progressive experience, with CPA preferred but not required
- Strong understanding of US GAAP
- Highly organized and detail-oriented with the ability to meet deadlines
- Strong analytical skills
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Strong business acumen, analytical skills, and prioritization skills with the ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously
- Experience working in Private Equity or VC environment is preferred
Pay: $70k-$110k Annually
Benefits: Medical, Vision, 401K, Dental, Life Insurance
Please fill out the required information below to submit your application.